Foreword

About the Blogger

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Featured: Jane Oineza of HAUNTED FOREST (2017)

Jane Oineza: our next Scream Queen

Jane Oineza is considered by many as one of the most talented young actresses of her generation. She have already received recognition not only here in the country, but also overseas. She won a World’s Best Actress certificate from the New York Festivals 2013, and got an International Emmy nomination for her performance in the MMK episode Manika (2012).

She had been playing supporting roles for quite some time, until she rose to fame after her Pinoy Big Brother stint way back 2014. And earlier this year, she finally had her first lead role in a movie with Star Cinema's murder mystery Bloody Crayons. Now, just a few months after her first lead role in a film, she has been selected to star Regal Film's latest horror movie offering, co-starring Jameson Blake, Maris Racal and Jon Lucas in Ian Loreños' "Haunted Forest"I had a little chat with her where we talked about her latest movie.

Source: Regal Films twitter page

Q: Can you tell us something about your latest movie, "Haunted Forest"?

Jane: Well, I'm playing Nica. My family had just moved into the province because of my dad, Aries played by Tito Raymart Santiago. There, I met my cousin Mitch played by Maris Racal. She introduced her friends to me (played by Jameson Blake and Jon Lucas) and we started out hanging out together. And that's when all the terror stars to unfold.


Q: How was it working again with Maris, whom you have previously worked with from your last movie, Bloody Crayons?

Jane: Uhm, it was nice because after Bloody Crayons, we were able to work together again. We had a lot of bonding moments every shooting day. There's one instance when I went a ride with her, like a road trip on our way to the shoot since the location was a bit far. Maris was so fun to hang out with. We still have our memories from our PBB days which is good. Nothing has changed. Actually, we became much closer.

Q: So in this movie, you are paired with Jameson Blake (thus, the loveteam Jameson). So how was it working with him?

Jane: It was okay. it was our first time working together. It was good.



Q: "Haunted Forest" is your second movie this year where you play the lead role. What was your first reaction when you learned that Regal Films picked you to star their latest movie?

Jane: Wow. Of course, i was surpised. I was shocked, because right after Bloody..., I have another work. But I feel blessed and thankful with Regal for trusting me with this project. That's why I gave my best here, so hopefully, people would like the movie.



Q:  Is it okay for you if people will give you the title as one of Philippines' horror princess today?

Jane: Taray! Grabe?! Well, nakakakilig. I mean, it's up to you guys (laughs). But of course, nakakakilig. It's nice to hear things like that from people.



Q: So aren't you worried to be typecast  in horror movie roles after your first two horror movies?

Jane: Not really. I mean, I'm happy with the work that they're giving me. And if my next projects are horror movies, then I'm good with that. I'm not really picky when it comes to projects. So if that's the blessing that they'll give me, I'm happy with it.

Q: What should we expect from your movie "Haunted Forest"?

Jane: Well, you guys should prepare yourselves because this is sure to be a scary experience for everyone. We have a lot of surprises in store for you guys.



Q: So what is your motto in you life, in your career?

Jane: Well, I guess "Be yourself always. Be true to you, to who you are. Be patient. Be kind. And work hard. Never quit."



Q: Lastly, describe Jane Oineza in one word.

Jane: I guess, Hard-working.


"Be yourself always. Be true to you, to who you are. Be patient. Be kind. And work hard. Never quit." Jane Oineza

So that's it, folks. Let's all watch out for our latest horror teen princess, Jane Oineza, in the highly anticipated horror movie event of the year from Regal Films, "Haunted Forest", coming very soon in cinemas.

No comments:

Post a Comment